Got the travel bug? Looking for an exciting place to explore and experience? Take a trip to the land down under, where beautiful beaches, amazing art and iconic attractions are the norm.
Sydney is no doubt the best known city in Australia. The malls, parks, beaches, nightlife and cultural activities make up just a small part of this colourful city. Here are 5 reasons why you should visit Sydney at least once.
I have a soft spot for gorgeous cities on the water, and Sydney’s iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge get me every time. You can admire the dazzling sunrise from the top of the Harbour Bridge and watch the sun set on the Opera House while sipping on a cocktail. Don’t forget to sit down for a nice meal along the Woolloomooloo finger wharf or experience theatre and dance along the redeveloped wharves of Walsh Bay.
Who doesn’t love to shop? From luxe labels and home-grown fashion to buzzing markets and wallet friendly outlets, Sydney shopping has it all!
In the city centre, Westfield Sydney has set the pace for sensational shopping where you will find four floors of fashion favourites. Stroll through the historic Queen Victoria Building and Strand Arcade, as popular for their beautifully featuring local and international brands.
(Tip: late night shopping on every Thursday until 9pm!)
Sydney’s Weekend Markets
Sydney’s weekend markets are another great place to check out! Head to Paddy’s Markets, The Rocks Markets, Bondi Markets, and Paddington Markets for beautiful gifts, souvenirs, and stylish fashion. Visit Eveleigh Farmers Markets for a wide range of food and local fresh produce. One of the highlights is Kylie Kwong’s delicious breakfast pancakes with eggs and pickled veg, but you’ll find plenty of other fresh organic produce impossible to resist!
Sydney’s beaches are renowned worldwide. You can experience the thrill of riding your first wave on beautiful Bondi Beach, or take a leisure stroll along the Bondi to Bonte coastline which meanders south from Bondi Beach, offering spectacular ocean views. Manly is another favourite beach for Sydneysiders and visitors. Manly combines the best of Sydney’s beach lifestyle with a relaxed village feel. You can explore Manly on foot, rollerblade or bike, with pathways taking you further north to Freshwater Beach or around the headland to Shelly Beach. Getting to Manly is half the fun when you catch the Manly ferry, an enjoyable 30-minute ferry ride from Circular Quay.
Sydney Dining with a View
Sydney’s cafes, restaurants and bars sit high on the hot list as must-dos for food lovers! Unlike other cities, restaurants offering both water views and good food are the rule rather than the exception in Sydney. Enjoy views of Sydney’s beautiful harbour and beaches whilst tucking into some of the world’s freshest and innovative fine dining.
Watch this video from Qantas to see the vibrant city
Love every second in Sydney. Singapore – Sydney from S$696* return economy.
*Sale ends 14 Nov 2014 unless sold out prior. Travel dates, Terms & Conditions apply.
Need more reason to visit Sydney? Here are some upcoming events to tantalise your senses:
- Enjoy Sculpture by the Beach – Bondi, the world’s largest annual free-to-the-public outdoor sculpture exhibition from 23 Oct – 9 Nov 2014
- Don’t miss the Christmas lights at the Hunter Valley Gardens during 7 Nov 2014 – 26 Jan 2015
- Be sure to catch ARIA Week for the week-long program of gigs, showcases, conferences and events from 25 Nov – 4 Dec 2014
- Celebrate Christmas in Sydney! Embrace the atmosphere as the beautiful sandstone walls of Sydney Town Hall and other magnificent historic buildings such as the St. Mary Cathedral, will be illuminated! 25 Nov – 25 Dec 2014
- For art lovers, don’t miss the Sydney International Art Series happening from 1 Nov 2014 – 15 Mar 2015
- Sydney is New Year’s Eve Capital of the World. Spectacular performances and breath-taking fireworks display on 31 Dec 2014
- Sydney Festival, one of the most anticipated festival of the year, enlivens and transforms Sydney with a bold cultural celebration based on the highest quality art and big ideas 8 – 26 Jan 2015
Post sponsored by Qantas