Japanese food lovers will rejoice with the launch of Viva Japan Café in Singapore. An initiative to promote Japanese culture and products to the global public brings the 50-seater temporary café to ION Sky, situated on the 56th floor of ION Orchard.
As the café will only be open until the end of March 2012, this is a good opportunity to explore Japanese culture and indulge in delicious Japanese cuisine in an elegant atmosphere while you take in the breathtaking view.
At the launch, Chef Yasuji Morizumi, a world-renowned ramen chef and owner of Michelin-starred restaurant MINT, demonstrated a ramen dish of bamboo charcoal ramen with roast pork that is absolutely divine.
It is a pity that this ramen dish will not be available on the menu, although the available offerings should please refined palates.
Modern Japanese cuisine from the Hor D’oeuvres set costs S$27.50. Options include:
- Pan seared salmon with herb crust
- Rib-eye Angus with compressed watermelon infused with basil
- Crab croquettes with saffron purée and pork scratching with apple purée sauce
You can also graze on bar food such as:
- White bait with garlic mayonnaise (S$6.50)
- Baby potato skin with crème fraiche, ikura & dill (S$9)
- Prawn & scallop mushroom balls (S$12)
- Pop rocks baby potato & lotus chips (S$8)
For desserts, choux puff with green tea mousse & red bean, pumpkin pie with vanilla & pistachio, blueberry pie and strawberry yuzu tart are available at S$18.90 each.
Check out the online store where Japanese goods will be shipped directly from Japan upon purchase.
ION Sky (56th floor of ION Orchard)
2 Orchard Turn
Tel: +65 6636 5156
Opening hours: 10am to 10pm daily, until 31 March 2012
ION Sky entrance fee: S$16 per adult (S$5 rebate on F&B); S$8 per child aged 4-12